Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Installing Heated Mirrors
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 06:18 AM   #4
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnCA View Post
Heated mirrors are with the winter package, cruise control with the convenience package. Didn't you check what packages and options your car included before signing the papers - sounds like it was a surprise? I have no idea how you would install them after market, sorry - but if you feel the car was misrepresented your best bet may be negotiating with the dealer. In most states cars are not considered "used" until over 3000 miles so your dealer may have some leeway to get you the car you really want.
I'm actually looking to get the heated mirrors now, too. The reason being that winter *just* started and until now I've had no idea of the almost need I have.

The reason is this car has *great* aerodynamics. The problem with that is that no wind ever touches the backside of the mirrors...so any moisture or melted ice just sits there, untouched. Most cars, when you drive certain speeds, kind of clear that stuff away on their own. The reason I didn't buy the heated mirrors is because I didn't think I'd need it, since I had no way of knowing that's how this car was until now.