View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #583
MurphyPeoples
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92727
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 MurphyPeoples Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My shudder was so bad today, that I came home and I googled the "Shudder" issue, as my dealer described it, and found this website and registered. This is my second Ford Focus. I bought a brand new 2005 in 2006 and traded it in two weeks ago (with 180,000+ miles on it!) for my current 2012 Ford Focus Titanium. Having been a certified ASE tech WAY back in 1982 (before I went to college) I completely understood the dual clutch break in period described to me by my dealer. But today, I happened to park in a lot, where I had to back out from a flat spot and from foot one - back up a 30 degree incline. The transmission didn't "shudder" it HAMMERED. Finally getting to the gate in forward, I once again had to pull out of the lot (from a complete stop) up another 30 degree incline - again Hammering like crazy until I got on to level ground.

This to me didn't seem normal. I have 1,500 miles on the car, which I bought with .5 miles on it November 22nd. I plan on contacting my dealer to inform them of the issue on slightly steep inclines. I only get the issue (weither it's Shudder or Hammering) from a complete stop for the first 3 seconds or so. Everything else about the car I LOVE!

Come on Ford! This is getting a little worrisome.
Murphy