FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
Some days it's a hit or miss. Some days, it works fine each time, and other days it's like it doesn't want to luck until I get impatient....
Buit my concern now is the update for the transmission. Are dealerships required to do the updated if you ask?
Hey Sirhawkeye,

As gtncpa suggested, visiting your local Ford dealership for the update is a great step. At the same time, they can figure out the Fob's issue.

Keep me posted on the results of the visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
My dealership did my update. The delaer told me that the update will help all around drivability of the car. They did the update for free and the car does run smoother.
I would say be upfront with the dealer and have them install the updates.
Hi gtncpa,

Thanks so much for the great advice. Sometimes we just need a little push from fellow posters .

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiron View Post
I test drove the new 2012 Focus with Sport package and package 203a. It was equipped with the "automatic" transmission. I have to say after a long day of driving different vehicles both my wife and I left the dealership thinking that the new Focus was the best car we had driven.
The nature of the internet is that you only hear from people when they are complaining. With this said, the professional reviews, Consumer Reports and the persons complaining in this forum all make too compelling a case for me to ignore. Hopefully Ford will listen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiron View Post
. Don't get me wrong...I'm bummed. Actually, the upcoming ST version next March would probably be even more fun. And I do like the feel of the seats, look of the interior/exterior, quietness compared to others in class and handling.
Hi Andiron,

Iím glad youíve conducted your research concerning the Focus and the PowerShift automatic transmission. Be aware, that some of the issues were software related, and we have made updates accordingly. Weíre also working on doing a better job at explaining the new transmission technology behavior. As you can also see on this forum, there are many satisfied Focus owners. I hope you reconsider and join them as well!

Hereís a link about the: Focus St to help along that decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelscar View Post
Conversely, I went ahead and ordered a car because after spending nearly 6 months on this forum, I feel confident that the most prevalent issues were related to earlier build cars and have since been addressed. With the exception of MFT which is slated for a major update next spring.
Hey Kelscar,

Welcome to the Ford Family!

I would be more than happy to track the status of your order. PM you order number, VIN (if you have one) and dealer info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booman35 View Post
It appears that some others have noticed disappointing gas mileage in their 2012 Focus and I just wanted to add our experiences to the thread and see what people think.
I am at a loss to explain why the mileage is so poor. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated (especially from those who have found the same issues).
Hi Booman35,

Though you've been a member since August, this seems to be your first post. So, to the forum!

Here are a few tips to help with fuel efficiency:

1. Slow down (up to 25%)
Reducing your speed from 65 to 55 mph can improve your fuel economy by 10% to 15% and reducing your speed from 70 to 55 mph can improve your fuel economy by a whopping 25%.
2. Use cruise control
This helps you save fuel in two ways. First, it controls your maximum speed, which can help you stay below 60 mph. Second, it maintains a constant speed, which means you wonít be pumping extra fuel into your engine to accelerate. You should aim to set your cruise control at your vehicleís most fuel-efficient speed, as long as itís at or below the legal limit.
3. Avoid excessive idling
An engine thatís not running uses no fuel, while idling gets zero mpg. If you know youíll stop for a while, (such as when picking up a friend who isnít ready yet or waiting for a passenger to run into the store), itís always better to turn off your engine.

Check out this link: How To Save Fuel Tips for more tips.

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply