Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #297
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)

Here is the Drive cycle procedure. I am sure in most cases the dealer performed this during the update. But if people are feeling erratic shifting then this could have been skipped.

I believe I heard in another thread that if you disconnect the battery for 10 min then the transmission adaptive learning process will be manually reset? May or may not be true but if it was that would be an easy way to do a reset and then perform the drive cycle procedure. On the other hand this drive cycle may only be needed after an actual PCM update as performed at the dealer. I suppose someone who had erratic shifting could always ask the dealer to do another reset and make sure they do the proper drive cycle procedure.

My dealer would of performed this but I volunteered so I could be sure it was done correctly and it also saved them time at the end of a busy day.

First steps I did in the parking lot while shifting from drive to reverse then I pulled out to a quiet street to go from 15mph to a slow stop 5 times. Then I drove slowly keeping between 1-4th gears to get to the nearest freeway (about 1.5mi away from dealer) then I drove from 55-65mph down the freeway to achieve 6th gear for 2min keeping rpm's under 3000 to complete the last step.

Then after about 10 min of normal driving I began sport driving and wow it felt really good and has been just great ever since.

Hope this helps.