Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Third gen bordumb chat
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #26
cacophonous
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89165
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti & 2005 Saab 92X Aero

FF Reputation: 2 cacophonous Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi tmnCA,

Very cool. I was in a band with two females. My best friend that played guitar and her friend that played bass. Also a guy I worked with played drums. It was such a fun cool band. Kinda of heavy music. But my friend moved to Chicago so it ended after that. She started dating a dummer there and eventually they started a band there.

I know what you mean about drummers being harder to find.

One of the bands I was in years ago was with a super talented drummer who could also sing, play guitar and keyboard. His mom was a piano teacher and the whole family was naturally musically talented. He was brilliant but somehow behind the scenes got into hard drugs. His downward spiral caused the band to break because we never did find a replacement that fit the rest of the band.

Before my son was born I purchased the drum kit/amp for my wife who always wanted to play drums and her parents would never get her a kit. Shortly after that she got pregnant and didn't touch them so it was perfect for my son. He started playing at age 2 (altough rough) and has decent control/rythm. I am going to have him take lessons soon because I am not a drummer at all. I can handle basic drumming but find it so hard compared to keyboard, guitar and bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnCA View Post
My husband and I used to be in a band - really we were the band he played guitar and sand I played bass and sometimes sang. We went through drummers like the Spinal Tap movie jokes about. We recorded a couple CDs and played live shows for 7 years. Now we have too many other things going on in our lives and have lost interest in playing music, it wasn't going anywhere for us and we don't find the time to jam. Maybe I'll pick up my bass again some day.

Thank you for raising a drummer, they are always in short supply, I suspect because few parents are willing to let their kids practice!