tmnCA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91665
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Hatchback SE, Sport

FF Reputation: 0 tmnCA Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophonous View Post
Anyone here jam? I play lead guitar and have been in a few bands over the years. Currently I jam with my 4 year old son who plays drums. He has a Yamaha electric kit (5 piece w/two cymbals) powered by Yamaha drum amps. I mostly play my Yamaha 6 string electric but have an Ibanez electric and Fender acoustic. We have a PA system with two mics and some keys in our studio which is the entire loft in our house. We do a pretty heavy version of itsy bitsy spider.
My husband and I used to be in a band - really we were the band he played guitar and sand I played bass and sometimes sang. We went through drummers like the Spinal Tap movie jokes about. We recorded a couple CDs and played live shows for 7 years. Now we have too many other things going on in our lives and have lost interest in playing music, it wasn't going anywhere for us and we don't find the time to jam. Maybe I'll pick up my bass again some day.

Thank you for raising a drummer, they are always in short supply, I suspect because few parents are willing to let their kids practice!