flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post
That looks exactly like what I see. The problem seems to be that those individual posts are not holding tight . They still hold together, but the not tight enough. So I can push my headliner up, here the sound of them sticking together tighter, but as soon as I let up, I can hear the posts slide back apart. This is something that JUST started less than 2 weeks ago, so I'm not sure what has changed, other than the the temperature outside has gotten a bit colder.
Might be time for a dealer field trip. I suppose one could cut a strip of foam tubing, called caulking backer rod,that is thicker than the space between the headliner and the roof and put it into the space to keep tension on the 3-M connections. This would prevent any slight rattling. If the connectors are actually parting due to the weight of the headliner, I suppose more connector material would be in order. Here is a photo of the backer rod I'm talking about, it comes in various diameters and is available in big-box home centers.

1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe