Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Car alarm goes off anytime
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,295, Level 35
Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandy4898 View Post
Within the last couple days my 2012 Ford Focus alarm goes off unexpectedly. Is there something I can do about this? I noticed that one of the batteries in one of my keys has died and I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Just a thought.

Anyone else ever have this issue? help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandy4898 View Post
The alarm turns on. Sorry for the way it was quoted. My husband disconnected the battery to reset everything as he has had to with his Ford Excursion. Helped so far, fingers are crossed. thanks for you imput.
Hey Dvandy4898,

It's all good. We all have our grammatical moments. I have issues with singular and plural possessives, lol.

As for the alarm "going off", perhaps someone has the insane idea of taking your Focus on a joyride . If that's the case, the message center will display an "i" in amber color and alarm message "ALARM TRIGGERED CHECK VEHICLE". If however, it's a malfunction the "i" will appear with alarm message "ALARM MALFUNCTION SERVICE REG'D'. In the event its the second suggestion, your local Ford dealership will be able to help you locate the issue.

Let me know if this helps!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply