Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 15 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
I am just mad because I now have to drive 100 miles to buy the car I want because my PITA salesman refused to trade and had no sympathy for the many hours I spent at his dealership trying to buy that car and he had no means of getting. It was almost bait and switch. He tried to sell me up every chance he go before he told me that he could not get that car. Ok well, hope this try goes well!
My experience was similar, though not as annoying.
First place I went, the 'salesman' was like not interested in even talking to me, so I go to a second place.
There he was interested, and we spent a long time talking.. it started getting stuck on price.. Without him really confirming that he could actually GET the car he found so i would be able to even get it. (he would not tell me where it was.. just seemed he was trying to get a buy confirmation before he would even see if he could really get the car.
Finally I just said i am tired of going nowhere, and walked out.
Next day I did some internet searching and found the car 60 miles away in some little farm town.
Funny the salesman was available online right when i was looking at the car on thier website. So I chatted with him, we arranged a look-see that afternoon.
I drove there and in a few hours i had my new Focus.
I really did not dicker with him as I was driving 60 miles to look for that exact car. So I just asked and got the 'internet' discount. ($830) And also saved the $600 local 'fee' the metro area dealers were tacking on.
That salesman said they would have not been willing to trade it away anyway.

Amazing that a Metro area with 1.5 million population and eight Ford dealers.. doesn't have a single car i would have bought (no manual tranny at all except two 'S' stripped down jobs in silver/black), but some rural town in the middle of nowhere has the perfect car.
Bright yellow metallic with manual tranny and 17" wheels.. Jeez.