Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Squeaks, creaks, and rattles
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #65
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have a rattle sound just in front of the moon roof on the passenger side. I've read through this thread, and people keep mentioning failed glue. Well, I opened my moon roof so I could stick my head up and look between the roof of the car and the headliner, and I don't have glue along the front edge. What I have are two heavy duty "velcro" pieces on each side (thick plastic velcro). The sound I hear when I push my headliner up, is the velcro pieces sticking tighter tighter. When I let go of the headliner, the sound I hear is the velcro pieces coming apart a little. It seems as though the interlocking pieces of the velcro won't "mash" together as tight as what it seems they should, and the end result is a rattle. I thought I could use some double-sided tape to hole it up better just so the rattle goes away, but there really isn't any where to put siad tape. I'd rather find a solution of my own, but I'm not sure what I could wedge in there to keep it from moving. I know a trip to the dealer is going to result in a non-fix on their end.