Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Yet another SPI knocking -- Will Fix It!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 07:44 AM   #44
LugNut
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92146
What I Drive: 2001 White Sedan

Points 1,664, Level 23
Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 LugNut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Unhappy Not that much fun yesterday

Got too busy on other things.

But did have another tiny victory -- installed the new antenna mast. Looks much better without the cracked-up rubber.

Did finish prepping the head -- unlike as mentioned somewhere on this site, the little factory dabs of paint on the lifters are to point toward the oiling holes (direct from the Workshop Manual), and _not_ necessarily all toward the front. On my engine, that meant in opposite directions for each cylinder. Need to pick up some more assembly lube, running low; in the old days we'd use STP Oil Treatment, but the proper lube sticks better/longer. The FSM says to use a particular thick grade of oil -- bad advice, IMHO.

Also removed the engine-to-right axle bracket and the crank position sensor, and shot Liquid Wrench on the exhaust bolts in preparation for removing the cat and under engine head pipe today. Also saw another coolant line that I should order and replace.

Hopefully a big day today! Gotta go get the space heater going ...

Fixed Up a white 2001 P-code SE Sedan
including rebuilding the SPI (see my threads)