Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #279
descentgate
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86793
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Tinted Metallic SEL

FF Reputation: 1 descentgate Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
I've noticed on mine (which hasn't been reprogrammed at all) that when I pull off the brake, I feel a little shutter or a small lurch (doesn't really make the car move forward, but more or less feels like a small quick "shake") and then i'm going.

Is this what the reprogramming will address?

I've also found that at times, my car will have shifted all the way to 6th gear by the time it hits 40 mph in city driving, which seems a bit odd to me, because I would think it would be in maybe 3rd or 4th gear at 35-40 mph. I'm not a trans tech, so I could be wrong.

It's much better than when I first got the car (car has 6200 miles on it now) but I think it may still need improvement.
sirhawkeye, the reprogramming should improve the shuddering. To me, it has happened occasionally, and I could actually describe it as rarer nowadays either in traffic or when placing the car in the garage. And when it happens its much more subtle.

The gearing will change too, with the new programming, my car will still be in about 3rd in moderate acceleration to 40 mph, but once I maintain the speed, the car will go to 6th.

- 2002 Ford Focus ZTS (CD Silver Metallic)
- 2012 Ford Focus SEL (Blue Candy Tinted Metallic)