Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Owners What's your age?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #41
Edgar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89037
What I Drive: 2006 F-150

FF Reputation: 2 Edgar Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
23 here. Probably one of the youngest here (and I bought it myself). I'm a pretty well versed auto enthusiast; I've autocrossed, been to motorsports events, and work in the car industry. However, I have good reasons for not owning a sports car as a daily driver.

A) Price was right
B) Fuel economy matters
C) The car looks pretty damn sharp, handles well enough in stock form, and has plenty of power for my everyday needs.

I'll own a sports car when I am financially comfortable enough to afford a second car and my own garage to work on it. Right now, I need a relatively fun, inexpensive, reliable car to get me from A to B and haul my road bike or mountain bike around. Sure, I'll add a beefier sway bar, stiffer springs, and wider tires, but overall, a sports car has no place in my life at the moment.
This ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophonous View Post
Yes I will pay your gas and insurance.

I was driving cars in my 20s like 1971 Mach I, Z28 Camaro and in my 30s Datsun 280 Z, Nissan 300ZX and Subaru WRX STi.
It was probably much easier to own many different cars in your younger days. We get dinged with high insurance rates and our credit is t as fully established yet, not to mention not many of have the high paying jobs to own a new Challneger, or a mustang GT just yet.

I'm slowly building my car future though, I already have my motorcycle, got my gas saver in the Focus, after this I'll have my muscle car
SoCal Crew #7
DUB Edition 2012 Focus Hatch *SOLD*