Originally Posted by GreatLakesAngel
I tried to change my blink bulb today. I was able to easily get the pins on top of the grille easily, but I'm having a ton of trouble getting those snap fasteners off. I tried to pry them off, but that didn't work.
Do you have any advice on how to get those two fasteners off easily? That seems to be the part giving me the most trouble.
The way I've always handled it (since I've removed the grill about 20 times now):
1. Note where the two catches are
2. Get a long, thin flat head screw driver
3. From the front of the grill, slide the flat head under the grill - in between the top of your bumper cover and the grill itself
4. If you aimed it right, you can wiggle the screwdriver up and down until the catch is no longer resting on the bumper cover, but instead on your screwdriver.
5. Lightly pull on that side of the bumper (if you're prying the right catch, pull lightly on the right side of the grill) until it pops towards you.
6. Repeat for the other catch.
Does that make sense? If not, I can probably try to grab some pictures at some point today.