Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - The "Official" Suspension Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #134
_ANTI
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92550
What I Drive: 2003 infrared SVT

FF Reputation: 1 _ANTI Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
03 svt suspension (all 4)

My car has 112k miles on it, and i had noticed that the front was seriously sagged. i was hitting the wheel arches on ALOT of minor bumps in the road.

I replaced the suspension all the way around with the Ford Racing m-3000zx3 kit that was susposed to be stock svt shocks, springs, and struts. I didnt see much change in the back (plenty of room in the back, but the front really didnt change in height much (maybe 1/2 inch). and when I have a passenger in my car, the front pass wheel will still bottom out really easily. I only have about an inch of clearance betwwen tire and wheel arch...

So the questions are; What is the stock spcae between the front wheel and arch supposed to be? And did I not change something out when I changed the struts, shocks and springs (something not included in that kit)?
Any help would realy be appreciated, as I spent all my spare cash on the kit, and cant afford to have ford tell me I screwed up. thanks