Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - EchoMaster DRL Kit up for preorder
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #15
theos2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86607
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5Dr Sterling T/401/P/N/W

FF Reputation: 1 theos2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The difference is you get OEM like replacement pieces for the LED to sit in, you can sell the originals if cost is an issue and recoup some of that cost if you don't want to keep the originals. You also get the control unit that dims when the headlights are on. There is a DIY on how to do it with Phillips LEDs and it is A LOT more steps and risk involved.

I think $250 would be the sweet spot price considering parts, risk, labor and convenience. Since these are a few early adopters that are willing to buy them for slightly more, they can charge more. I would not be surprised if price drops long term. I believe they are $320 if you call echomaster directly(including shipping)

In the end, no matter what their price is, someone is going to think they could be cheaper. It all depends how much risk you want to take cutting out plastic pieces and handling the wiring, and also how much you value your time of doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinS View Post
2x the price of the Phillips LED DRL system, so what's the difference?