Many thanks to those posting all the info.
Son and I did this over the weekend on a 2003 ZX3 - not too bad. It was his first car repair project other than really simple stuff so he got a taste of how this stuff goes. Probably 3 to 4 hours and that included a trip to AutoZone for torx bit to remove the seat bolts and a new valve cover gasket as we noticed that was leaking once we got started.
We found removing the wheel liners for access wasnt much help in our case - we did fine removing the air box/battery box which had to come out anyway to bleed the thing.
Putting the pins back into the new master cylinder after the lines were inserted was impossible we discovered. We probably wasted at least 30 mins before we put the pins in first and then inserted the lines until they clicked into place. Doh.
We bled with a mityvac and then finished off doing it manually. We went through a lot of fluid like everyone says.
Not a difficult project but sort of a pain due to the cramped quarters and tight spaces.
We're new to the Ford Focus having only had the car for a month and it was intended as my son's, but I have to say I really love this little car a lot.