Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Yet another SPI knocking -- Will Fix It!
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #37
LugNut
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92146
What I Drive: 2001 White Sedan

Points 1,664, Level 23
Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 LugNut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Oh no!

And now you want me to sign up for yet another site?

No time to waste on those "social nonworking" sites.

Got an answer on the pics tho -- there's another double-secret requirement. Must be a member for at least 30 days too. I've asked for an exception, lest, after the work is done, I never get around to posting these good pics!

Boxed up and shipped back the bad head this morning, and picked up oil and a filter at BigBoxMart. And not one, not two, not three, but four, yes four, boxes of parts arrived from RockAuto.

Then made some progress on removing stuff around the engine like the intake manifold (it's huge!), starter, exhaust manifold, and alternator.

Almost every dang electrical connector has a slightly different way of disconnecting, and age/dirt made some even more difficult.

The upper heater hose is crispy, so will need to order a new one. Also some other hoses while I'm at it. Now's the time to replace them; would be heck if the top of the engine were still in there. Definitely the right time to replace the shifter cables too.

Fixed Up a white 2001 P-code SE Sedan
including rebuilding the SPI (see my threads)