Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Focus vs Elantra Mileage Claims
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #15
ElectricAL
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71376
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST

FF Reputation: 2 ElectricAL Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
Actually, the anger arises out of the fact that you can often get BETTER milage than the EPA numbers on the window sticker suggest. All MPG EPA claims have disclaimers that say "drivers may average X" in town and on the highway, and those numbers vary 15 to 20 percent depending on the conditions and the driver.
Really? So you're saying that people are angry because they are getting BETTER mileage than the sticker says? Pardon my saying so, but that doesn't make any sense...

If these car owners were getting better mileage than their sticker says, then they wouldn't be b(eefing) about it on their forums and there wouldn't be the current buzz and publicity about it and we wouldn't be having this discussion. Perhaps I misunderstood you??

Bottom line for me is 1. Car mfgrs ought not to be fudging those numbers to any extent and perhaps the EPA does need to do some "audits" 2. I've yet to meet ANYBODY that routinely (or even rarely) gets 15-20% better than their EPA-rated mpg. EVER.