Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Are You Truly Happy With Your New Focus?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #83
JPopNC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88327
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium H-back

Points 1,271, Level 19
Points: 1,271, Level: 19 Points: 1,271, Level: 19 Points: 1,271, Level: 19
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 1 JPopNC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF4 View Post
Hey Skippy, not sure what forum you're looking at but the new Elantra has similar if not worse issues. Water leaks, engines replace, failed trannys, electrical gremlins, way below EPA mileage, on and on.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/231-md...1-elantra.html

The Focus community is made up of more enthusiasts, and as such I would expect more passionate discussions here. Hyundai's are more like transportation appliances than an enthusiast's vehicle.

There's nothing scientific about these boards.

Did a little "snooping" out on the Hyundai boards and guess what???? Those cars have issues too! <shocked face!>

(I will have to say the FF forum layout is much, MUCH better than the Hyundai forum...by far! Just my totally unbiased opinion of course)

And here is a direct quote from a 'Senior Member' of the Hyundai forum talking directly about the Veloster, "Every new model car is going to have issues, all of them. As early adopters we have to deal with them.......". Hmmmm....wonder where I've heard that before??? Sound familiar to anyone else???

So to those who feel like jumping ship and especially to those who feel the Veloster is far superior, you may want to do some more forum comparisons to see which route is best. From what I could tell in that forum, the Hyundai dealers are just as bad or worse, so maybe the logical choice is to stick with what you have, deal with the issues, and hopefully in the end have an enjoyable car, because there's no guarantee going to another car will be any better.