FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedleo View Post
I had that problem early on, and eventually (within ~2 hours) it did shut itself down. Took it in and the dealership re-programmed the radio and all has been well since.
Great! I'm thrilled that has been resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedfocuzx3 View Post
What I'm saying is that of Ford has someone from corporate monitoring people with the same problem on this site, then why not at least send something to the dealerships that do service nationwide, so they at least know that it is an issue. I tried reading through all the pages on here and it seems that once Natasha contacts the dealership the problem gets solved. So why not proactively handle this rather than reactively handle people on this site?
Perhaps I can shed a little light on the process. Not every issue has the same cause, or the same resolution. I proactively reach out to posters with continued concerns, and assist however possible. As whynotthinkwhynot said, when it comes to intermittent problems, they need to be duplicated to know how to repair it. The best advice I can give is to take note of the circumstances of when it occurs, as that may help the technicians diagnose it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpt View Post
If coasting from 30-50mph, and I then step on the gas, I get a loud intermittent "scratching" sound coming from the engine. Goes off when I step off the gas. Have no idea what it is but sounds bad.
Hey pistolpt,

Welcome to the forum! I know this thread can be a little overwhelming to sort through. Have you brought your Focus to the dealer for inspection yet? Since you are worried about the sound, that would be the best course of action. Also, please private message me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
Its very coincidental that the morning that Natasha sends in something to my Ford dealership they call an hour later saying "oh guess what your part is in" I waited 3 months but my strut bushings are finally here and I think they have been there cause no way did they come in today an hour after Natasha send them something after I complained.
Hey, what can I say? When I speak, they listen! Sorry it took so long, but I'm glad they arrived and you're being taken care of. Let me know how it goes!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford