Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 02:34 AM   #89
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

Points 1,131, Level 18
Points: 1,131, Level: 18 Points: 1,131, Level: 18 Points: 1,131, Level: 18
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
i hope this never happens to me. i've read about it on more than one occasion.

so far my issues with mft:

1. had to restart and "update" due to a usb device plugged in. i tried plugging in my droid incredible via usb to charge as opposed to the 12v source on the center console. solved by turning off the vehicle for a couple of minutes, then letting mft "update".

2. lost gps signal. it was like it couldn't detect the satellites and the gps was off. happened when i tried to set the gps to take me back to oxnard from the central valley. solved by turning off the vehicle for a couple of minutes.

3. a minor inconvenience... i was using voice command to switch between the radio and sirius. i noticed by looking at the screen that the vehicle was playing music from a radio station, but mft had sirius on the display... not the radio frequency and the presets. when i went back to sirius, it showed sirius just fine. switched to radio via voice command again, no stations. i had to shut off the vehicle for a couple minutes for it to show the radio stations.

all in all, inconveniences... but inconveniences i'd rather not have.
I'm with you Fuzzy - in 400 miles you catch up to where I am.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe