Fuzzy Logic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91597
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Met Tri Ti HB

FF Reputation: 2 Fuzzy Logic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
My wife was driving our Focus SEL today. She went into the store and when she came out and began driving the MFT locked up on her and would not respond to any commands, not from the steering wheel, the screen or by voice. At the same time, the volume went to max, so loud she had to stop the car and shut it off because she could not think to drive. She tried starting it again and it was the same condition - this happened five times before MFT apparently reset. I passed this on to our service department as we only have 1,400 miles on the car. I've been looking at some forums and this (or a similar) condition has been reported by others. I'm hoping the 2013 fix is not only interface changes but it goes to the heart of the matter.
i hope this never happens to me. i've read about it on more than one occasion.

so far my issues with mft:

1. had to restart and "update" due to a usb device plugged in. i tried plugging in my droid incredible via usb to charge as opposed to the 12v source on the center console. solved by turning off the vehicle for a couple of minutes, then letting mft "update".

2. lost gps signal. it was like it couldn't detect the satellites and the gps was off. happened when i tried to set the gps to take me back to oxnard from the central valley. solved by turning off the vehicle for a couple of minutes.

3. a minor inconvenience... i was using voice command to switch between the radio and sirius. i noticed by looking at the screen that the vehicle was playing music from a radio station, but mft had sirius on the display... not the radio frequency and the presets. when i went back to sirius, it showed sirius just fine. switched to radio via voice command again, no stations. i had to shut off the vehicle for a couple minutes for it to show the radio stations.

all in all, inconveniences... but inconveniences i'd rather not have.