Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #242
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
I don't understand why dealers haven't got with the times and think of these updates like updates on personal computers. These computers are in cars now. It should be automatic to load these updates when a car is covered especially under a TSB. Everyone should know by now about the poor transmission programming on the older build dates. It's not like they aren't getting paid for their time. They even give them time for the trans relearn process on this one.
It is to the point that I will try again another time. Perhaps when I got the call from CS I did not push hard enough. I thought that the transmission is quieting down (and getting better) but then when I got home, I can hear the grinding noise clearly again. I also have a flare when I slow the car down and it goes into first gear, it goes to 1500RPM automatically. Sometimes, when I make sharp turns, it slips than engages back for some reason (flaring probably). One more thing is that the transmission is either responsive, or sluggish. Do not forget about the shudder, as well.

I am considering in the future either paying the dealer or figure out a way to do this myself.

Last edited by danyall2010; 11-30-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: added content