Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #241
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmandj View Post
The build date for my car is July 19 and I went to the dealer today and asked about it. They told me that unless there's a problem with the car they won't do the update. They said nothing comes up for my car aside and that it might be from some factories and not others.
I can't say that I have a problem but the car is sluggish pulling out. You really need to step on the gas more than I thought you would. I wouldn't want to take chances making a left with cars coming towards me just in case it decides to be slow responding. I was kind of hoping to get this update done anyways and see if it helps with that. I figure what could it hurt to do it regardless.
I did have issues with my transmission; weird noises, RPM flares on deceleration, etc. I told my dealer and they said "That's how these transmissions work." Took a call to regional customer service to get it done, but it runs so much better now! That's why I wrote them that email today. They need to know that the update works!

Just yesterday I was stuck behind a semi and I went to pass it in the left lane (so did the car behind me... who didn't use his turn signal...) Before the PCM update, I probably would have gotten the middle finger for going too slow - but after the TSB? Damn, this car can accelerate when it needs to!