Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus Steering Problem
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 01:02 AM   #140
drvudoo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89975
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 drvudoo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjessop View Post
Quick update, despite my earlier positive attitude that things were getting fixed I just got off the phone with the dealer. Ford Engineering says my production date had already been fixed and my steering rack should not have an issue. OK....great, then why does my car weave gently back and forth on the highway? Back to visit the dealer (and my car) tomorrow but I'm already mentally prepared to drive it off and trade it in on a new Honda.

-jerry
Did Ford Customer Service call you? I was afraid I was going to get the response you got. I think the Ford servicer Customer service talked to, over rode that build date in the TSB. Natasha why are servicers still locked into this build date. There are a few customers seeing the same issue after that August 12th build date. Why not spend a few dollars to save a 16k+ sale?

Working on the service side for a large consumer electronics company. I understand ASC have autonomy. I know that when a customer complains the corporate office can force a ASC to do the repair or find and ASC that will. Losing warranty work seems like a big threat. Such easy money for the servicer.