Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - You're doing it wrong! AKA Rice Reports(Post autofails here!)
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 05:07 PM   #1038
jakedillon84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7150
What I Drive: 2004 Twilight Blue ZX3 P.Z.E.V. 2.3L & 2003 Honda Shadow A.C.E. 750

FF Reputation: 1 jakedillon84 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That's skippy bubba...real skippy. You've got to be packing THE SQUEEZE AND A TURBO to even think about being in the same league as a Mach 1 (or any V8-powered rocket sled) with a Probe. That or just plain ig'nant. Believe you me...those bloody things act like they've got two tachometers when you're on the loud pedal. Good story, mano. It reminds me of one of my most memorable (and easiest) victories.

What I love about the "Engine Revver" variant of the Ricer is their occaisional tendancy to screw up their theatrics just prior to launch. I was driving my Mustang once in Washington when some EXPLETIVE CRX rolled up beside me at the light, subwoofers blazing something about someone's mother. He blew his horn and shouted something (probably obscene, probably Spanish) or another and revved his sewing machine. Being a foolish young man with incredible zeal, I responded with my own salvo, and the race began. Only I noticed he wasn't beside me. He'd revved and dumped his clutch at green, but apparently hooked up (as if he could roast his tyres) a little too early. The engine stalled and left him sitting at the light. I'M LOVIN IT.
-- -- -- -- -- --
SHIFT_dammit(!)
"This is my Focus! There are many like it, but this one is mine!"