Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - You're doing it wrong! AKA Rice Reports(Post autofails here!)
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 04:23 PM   #1036
jakedillon84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7150
What I Drive: 2004 Twilight Blue ZX3 P.Z.E.V. 2.3L & 2003 Honda Shadow A.C.E. 750

FF Reputation: 1 jakedillon84 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
OK...if we're going to resurrect this thread, let's do it right! I've got another one fer yas...

Today I was on my way back from G-Vegas (Greenville, NC) when I was approached by a slime-green vehicle moving about 20 knots faster than the surrounding traffic. As the distance closed, it became more apparent that the level of suck I was about to encounter far surpassed anything I'd seen thus far. It was a worn-out late-'90s Mercury Sable, and from the looks of things it could've been used in the first Mad Max film. The joint had accumulated more dust than last-year's fruitcake and appeared to have stickers lining the fender (unable to verify due to vehicle's velocity). On the way by, the passenger tossed me a big 'ol toothy, cocky grin that reeked of goofiness and "come get some". Then I saw them. Yes...them. A large-diameter dual exhaust system that protruded approxmiately one foot from the rear bumper. Christ. My right hand screamed "third gear!" and my foot ached with lead. I'm glad my conscience (employed by the insurance company) was around to keep me out of trouble. The police presence was enough so that if I walked on patrol cars I could've walked to Belhaven without touching the ground.
-- -- -- -- -- --
SHIFT_dammit(!)
"This is my Focus! There are many like it, but this one is mine!"