drvudoo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89975
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 drvudoo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
I responded to your PM explaining the best possible way to assist. If you prefer to wait and see if it has stopped wandering, that's perfectly fine, but I am here if you need me.

~Natasha
OK here it goes.

After thinking about it, I decided to go with Natasha's offer. Someone from Ford Customer Service called me. I was hesitant if anything was going to happen since the wandering was not occurring as frequent was it had been. Tammy(?) from Ford Customer service asked if I want to use my dealer's service department or another. I chose another service department that Ford had a good working relationship with. I was glad I chose the latter. The service department at Person Ford here in San Diego was night and day from Fuller. The service adviser treated me like a valued customer and not a bother. After a day they came back with a diagnosis of parts replacement. Went back in to get a rental while they waited for parts. I was given a Chevy Aveo. OMG my broken focus is 10x the car the Aveo was. What a pile of crap. No wonder why import cars ruled the sub compact class.

Natasha you gotta do something about your supply chain. I had to wait a week for the new steering gear to come in.

Well right out from the dealer the steering was stiff. I mean stiff all the time, as if I had no power steering. I thought I was driving my parent's 80's Mazda.

Drove it on my normal commute. The back end kicked out due to road construction on the freeway. The steering stayed true. With this fix driving is a bit dead. I've lost a lot of feel. Taking corners at speed has lost that loving feeling.

The end story is no more wandering after a week and a half, the stiffness has faded a bit. I have confidence in the car. I feel safe, which was the whole reason I went with Natasha's help.

I'm very glad Ford did not say that my wandering problem was just perception of how a new steering systems works. For those of you who posted that owners that have this issue are crazy. I hope you never have the unsafe feeling I've had driving this car. I hope you never worry that your car is driving itself and possibly injuring yourself and your family driving inside.

Thank you Ford for stepping up and resolving my issue.

Ford please make sure this fix is available any customer and not just Focus that are manufactured before a certain date. There are too many happy customers after the service for this to be forced upon by your customers to their service department.