Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Focus - Aftermarket Stereo possibilities.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #68
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphiscbrider View Post
well first off... the factory dash isnt really that "fresh". but that is your opinion and ill respect that but from what ive seen and heard you can just get someone or yourself to wire you one up. best buy or some other local installer. check out perzan auto in philly. youre close enough to it. but you can add a sub/amp to a factory radio with no problem
personal preference indeed, I'm just a SYNC junkie now. I'm also a cheap-ass, so my budget reminds me of how wonderful the factory set looks haha. I just want more bass :(

my budget also dictates that I do the wiring and demolition myself, but I have only done this with aftermarket stereos. Factory head units have no pre-amp outputs for the amp, however Google and some reading on Crutchfield provided to be very valuable. You can buy a Line-Out Converter that splices into front speaker wiring and converts the signal to RCA Outputs, and they can supply an amp to send output to all speakers, not just subs.

Basically problem solved, and I would love nothing more than to spend an afternoon installing everything and posting a nice 'how-to' for anyone here that wants to do the same for the non-MFT foci.

Now I just gotta figure out where to mount both, and where to fit a sub box...my god I can't believe I'm already planning to tear this thing apart!