Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - FUELLY of each of us
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #23
fanoftheliving
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88586
What I Drive: 2012 silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 fanoftheliving Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik Ohki View Post
You need to reset the meter in the car occasionally, I usually do it on every tank. Fuelly calculates the same as you would by hand and I would imagine weighs those averages based on gallons consumed and miles traveled, so a 400 mile trip based average would count something like 4 times more than if you filled up after only 100 miles.

That is just my guess. I also think I read Fuelly bases it's number on only the last ten fill ups, but I am not positive about that. I'll look at the FAQ later.
I am sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I do reset it with every gas tank. For the same full gas tank, I calculate by hand and compare that to the dashboard readout. I noticed that your fuelly said 0.0 MPG, so I was wondering how you were reporting 44MPG, what method you were using. My dashboard routinely reports 40MPG, but the reality is significantly lower sometimes by as much as 10%.