Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Yet another SPI knocking -- Will Fix It!
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 06:27 AM   #3
LugNut
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92146
What I Drive: 2001 White Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 LugNut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thumbs up Could be!

"I'll tell you now, the engine is toast."

Yep -- Both the buyer and seller knew that, so the one-owner car changed hands at an appropriate price. And I had it flat-bedded here to eliminate more damage.

Otherwise, this 5-speed car seems in very good shape for its 11 years. So far I just found little things that are quite fixable (trunk lid lifts, gas filler latch, hood release handle hanging down, window tint that needs removing, spare tire at 2 psi, etc.), and the car needs further detailing inside and out and inside de-smoke-odoring.

I'll take and post pics. Wouldn't be surprised if the piston and maybe rod are whacked, but with any luck the cylinder and crank aren't bad; not gonna take you up on the bet because it's very possible. I'm sure my machine shop guys would be happy to see the block walk in! If the block comes out, I'll likely put a new clutch set in while I'm there.

This car is hopefully going to the in-laws, so an engine swap, for more power, isn't appropriate nor hopefully the cheapest route given my free labor. We'll find out -- that's what makes it fun!

Have a link to the factory service manual?

Fixed Up a white 2001 P-code SE Sedan
including rebuilding the SPI (see my threads)