View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #34
downincircles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88881
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Focus SE 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 downincircles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
OK here's the installed pics. There's some stuff you need to know if you get these, but overall I'm pretty stoked.

1. The brake won't be able to support a 3rd bolt because of the arm behind it, no matter the two will support it just fine. It just leaves an empty hole. The clutch has the same issue, but because it's plastic you can use one of the screws in the 3rd hole instead of a bolt.

2. I put the brake and clutch slightly to the left of the pedals while still making sure the holes would hit the right spots. I didn't want the already crowded brake to start competing with the gas for space (especially with the fatter size).

3. The clutch / brake holes that need to be drilled will be a pain in the ass. The clutch is easy because it's plastic, the brake took a long time. We ended up using a clamp wrench to keep the drill bit from sliding while drilling the top left hole.

4. The dead pedal area is just foam underneath, so while the screws went into it, I question the durability of that setup. So I might take it off, put industrial velcro underneath to grab onto the carpet, then rescrew it.

Photo below: Excuse my slightly misaligned clutch/brake. I can't tell if they are actually setup like that or I tilted them by mistake. They still look ok tho!