dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
It is simplified by lighting with ENGINE OIL CHANGE SOON at 5% of the oil life remains, and OIL CHANGE REQUIRED at 0%.

As for the transmission, many initial concerns were simply customers getting used to the dual-clutch, which has different sounds and sensations than a basic automatic.

I hope that eases your worries.

~Natasha
Natasha, it's great that you and Ford monitor these websites and patiently try to help owners.

Honestly though, these responses don't help. I expect it's true that some of the DCT complaints were because it behaves "differently", but for most it was resolved only when Ford decided to fix it with a TSB. This problem should have been so obvious to the engineering staff before any sales occurred it can't help but raise concerns about what other issues were also ignored or missed and may cause problems as miles accumulate.

As to the oil life monitor, I'd bet if you polled owners a good majority would like to have the option of seeing how things were going before being surprised by the "change oil soon" light. If this were the case, you wouldn't be answering questions about whether or not the things were working.

I'm not saying the Focus isn't a good car, I'm just saying it's not without its issues.