Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #919
dj4monie
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5876
What I Drive: Nothing at all

FF Reputation: 0 dj4monie Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My Take

I saw the car(s) today at the L.A Auto Show.

I really like the Focus ST, its what I have been waiting for Ford to do for some time.

The GTI is a competitor price wise, not performance-wise. The GTI-R is a rip at $36K, that's STi/Evo territory and likely slower than those cars again. Figuring Germany engineering wins. Not in the stop-light grand prix it don't...

If things happen the way I want in 2012 on the social front, I will be in the market for the ST in late 2012 or early 2013.

I think the car will start around $25K, maybe less. Mazdaspeed3 starts at $23K. If you add in Recaros (which are likely aren't standard), MFT and Sunroof, it will hit 27K I'm sure. Recaros is never a cheap option, I had some in my Izusu I-Mark RS sedan where it was a option and rare one too. I had 1 of less than 250 white sedans with that package.

I would think they would be fairly rare as well as getting into the high 20's is territory where other choices live.

For me this is the perfect family compromise and my #1 choice.

You forgot VW's are hefty too.

Some cellphone snaps -

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Stage 3R GONE! :(

Next? Unsure.....