Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Asking for datalogging help in SW Houston
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #15
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2009 BMW 335i

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRAYPAINT View Post
I am not trying to be rude or difficult. Yes you can data log with the SCT but there is only limited ability with data logging. In order to propperly diagnose you need more than just data logging.

Slow down there Matt. jaykirs is asking for authorized help from us, not certified help. Yes, all of us agree that doing work with a Certified technician and shop is the way to go, but if we could save a few bucks to at least diagnose the issue a bit or work with others who have had similar problems then it would help us a bit. Any kind of help is helpful.

In this day in age, many people have stepped away from helping others just to help get them by. None of us know each other's financial situations or knowledge of each other's type of car, so, we can't come to a conclusion that any of the help that is given isn't good enough to help the need.

I know that you have a strong feeling towards using certified techs and shops because you also work at one and know the ins and outs of using a tech.

But again, people come to forums to draw several suggestions to draw conclusions from and sometimes for some help when he/she is hurting from any issues we are not reading.

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.