Pennut
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91326
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 Pennut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
I've found that as the temps get colder the squeaks get louder. Maybe because everything contracts a little and starts rubbing. I have a squeak in the center of the dash that wasn't there a couple of weeks ago when it was warmer, at least that's where I think it is. I just let it squeak and wait until it warms up again. You will drive yourself crazy trying to find it and you'll end up in the nut house trying to fix it.
Mine started doing this in the past week or so when the temperature got into the low 30's. Sounds almost like the windshield is rattling and some trim pieces until the interior warms up, then it goes away. Not really sure if it's the windshield itself or the dash area right near the windshield. Taking my Focus into the dealer Monday for a rough idle and the transmission update TSB also. So I will write all this stuff down and have a record of it. Hope I'm not going to have a bunch of problems. I had a 2011 Fiesta for 6 months and about 8100 miles and had zero issues with it before trading it for the Focus.