Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How well does your Focus drive in snow?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #48
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New to forums, just got my SE yesterday and haven't had it in snow. With that said, the title of the post asks the wrong question. The kind of car has only so much to do with how it handles in snow. What tires are on the car makes all the difference. My last car had no working traction control or ABS and was rear wheel drive. With snow tires, it could go through anything. Without them, it couldn't move.

I always ask people: Do you value your life? Is it worth 500$ to you? Would you rather not kill someone because your car can't stop? ABS, Traction and ESP won't help you stop if your tires have no traction. Get snow tires. Most OEM tires are crap in the snow. I had a 06 civic and my mother had a 09 Mazda 3. Both came with tires that were so bad in the snow, it should have been a crime. (both were sold in northern USA).

With the civic, I got blizzacks, and the car went through anything. Same with the Mazda. I know the focus will be the same thing.

Plus if you even remotely enjoy driving, driving in snow can be really fun, but only if you have some modicum of control.