Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Project FSP Focus is kicked off!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #159
wrc_fan
slow

Fan#: 11913
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Duratec 08 WRX Hatch

Points 3,584, Level 37
Points: 3,584, Level: 37 Points: 3,584, Level: 37 Points: 3,584, Level: 37
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 23 wrc_fan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The autox section has be slow lately, and I have some free time at work wait for my FEM work to run.

So here’s a point of discussion to find out what everyone thinks. I’ll have about 2K early next year to spend on car upgrades, trying to make a decision on what to get. I’m thinking of running FSP in our street tire class next year again, I enjoyed the competition there this year.

Option 1: Add coilovers, KW Variant 3s with as shipped springs and make my LCR plates work with them. I think my used koni yellows are ready for a break, and this is the necessary route to move the car further in a competitive direction. Will be needed for sure to run the necessary spring rate to deal with a wide r-comp in the future.

Option 2: Seats, brackets, and harnesses. I’m improving my driving to the point now where I really am holding myself up with the wheel and bracing against the door. I think the seats will let me drive faster as I’ll be more comfortable in the car.

Option 3: Any other thoughts?

Bottom line, 1 and 2 will both happen eventually, trying to determine where to go first.

"Hella Functional - Raced, Not Hard Parked"