sassynapoleon
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87584
What I Drive: 2008 Mazda 3

FF Reputation: 1 sassynapoleon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusSTHopeful View Post
the focus ST could def be a better car, but the price has to be right. And for the record, I dont see a huge lack of GTI interest. if you're talking about THIS message board, well thats to be expected. I'd think those @ vwvortex would feel the opposite.

I agree the GTI wheels suck, but I like the looks. The focus ST will look AWESOME, on the outside at least. I've metioned several times how much I dislike the interior, even though many people here says their loaded foci are very natural feeling...I still jsut dont like the way it looks.

Its a tossup for sure, and the delay of the focus doesnt help.

Now the Fiesta ST is really piquing my itnerest, but sadly Im not anticipating good news on a release timeframe. Maybe once the LA show opens for all on Friday...we'll start seeing a release date?

probably not :(
The GTI is a good car and the ST looks like it can be a winner as well. I spend time both here and on vwvortex and both communities are civil for the most part when looking at cars from other brands. I really like the look of the Focus ST both inside and out. I'm a little sad that "tangerine scream" from the concept is more like "lemon squeeze". The orange looked good, the current color is a bit too taxicab for me, so it's back to blue as a color choice. I also liked the concept Focus ST's interior better, but I'll get over the lack of contrasting stitching.

I'd take a Focus ST over a GTI, even if the GTI could be chipped to be more powerful fairly easily. But the car that keeps me lurking over at vwvortex is the Golf R, which ups the ante with AWD and a better turbo. More expensive, yes, but it looks to be a nice car.

I suppose if I actually look to start buying something next year and the Golf R is on dealer lots and the Focus ST is still vaporware then it might not be much of a decision. I'm pretty disappointed at the feet dragging. :(