Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SCT Xcal 3 filesystem ERROR needs to be reloaded
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

Points 11,565, Level 70
Points: 11,565, Level: 70 Points: 11,565, Level: 70 Points: 11,565, Level: 70
Level Up 79% Completed
Level up: 79% Level up: 79% Level up: 79%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
SCT Xcal 3 filesystem ERROR needs to be reloaded

I got a new Asus EeePC and i planned to use this as my dataloging PC so i installed Livelink and the SCT updater.

After i installed everything it found an update and warned me to return my car to stock first. After a few tries it loaded back to stock. Then i updated the handheld then it crashed.

Now it just says

When i ran the updater it seem to update the SCT updater then went right into the firmware update.

Since ive owned this unit ive updated the handheld device 2 times. Both times i had to hold the cancel button down when i plugged it in and put it into the firmware update mode. This time it just kinda helped itself to the update and fubard the update. I tried to redo the firmware doing it the old way holding cancel and putting it into the firmware update mode but it doesnt seem to be working.

The update program goes threw the "erasing" then "writing" but then when it gets to the part it says to unplug it it reboots and throws that error screen.

The first 2 firmware updates i used on an XP laptop, this one has windows 7 could that be the issue?

I did put my car back to the stock ECU file but i know its going to run like crap and i dont even want to try and drive it with the stock file.

Only reason i plugged the handheld in was to see if it needed a firmware update. I didnt think it was updating yet, i thought the SCT updater was. I didnt think the handheld would allow it to erase or write to the handheld WITHOUT being in the firmware update mode which you do when you hold the cancel button down while you plug it in.

The handheld i would think should lock out any updating unless its in the firmware update mode where you hold the cancel button down while plugging it in. Just for safty.