Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #158
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Update tomorrow

Well, I made the reservation yesterday for an oil change and the TSB update. So as I found myself with the afternoon off today I thought I would take a chance, called my service department in the hopes of getting the update done today. Well let's just say it didn't go that well. First off is I had to explain this TSB to him (he wasn't aware of it). He asked me what the issues were that I was seeing and I described them to him (mostly that it performed like a dog during city driving). He then went on about winter fuel, my larger tires, etc. which only served to get me agitated. He said that he would go look for the TSB and call me back. I told him that I would come here and get the number for him.

He called me back and said that he couldn't find anything with regards to a TSB and my driveability concerns. I then gave him the TSB number and he said he found it and said it didn't apply to my car (which is a July build). Now fully frustrated, I told him (and I meant it) that the way the car drove and the milage it was getting, I am completely disatisfied with the car would be getting rid of it. For me, to get anything within reason for milage, I have to completely baby the thing to get it to 32 mpg's. If i drive it normally it will average 29 - 30. With 8700 miles on it already, the clear majority of my driving is highway. He then said that he would look into it more and call me back again.

When he called me back he said that he would do the update but as it wasn't a clear match to the TSB it wouldn't be a warranty issue. Not understanding what he was saying I asked him by doing the update, how much would it cost me and what would it do to my warranty having them do this? He said there was no cost and it wouldn't effect my warranty, it was only meant to say it wasn't a "lemon law" response, that it was in answer to my complaint - a customer satisfaction effort. I said I'm not looking to turn this into anything beyond getting the update done but how can it be that clearly at least 12 people on this group have had it done based off of these issues, that there's even a write up in USA Today about it where Mullaly acknowledges the issues and says there fixed and that he didn't even know about this? He then said he's never heard of it but will do the update to satisfy me.

Why is it that Ford can't communicate this down to their dealers?

I should have the car back sometime around early afternoon tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it comes out.

Joe