Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My 2012 Focus issues: what Ford is and isn't doing
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #50
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 frosted glass SEL '67 Gal vert.

FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
I stumbled upon this site looking for real-world information on the 2012 Focus.

This has me a bit nervous about purchasing one. I've got a dealer "hunting down" an SE hatch with a manual, 203A and sport package in gray. (apparently, this is a tall request?!?)

I drove an SEL sedan as a rental. Gas mileage sold me on it, plus the ride was quiet and firm...moreso that the Tacoma I have now or the 9th gen Corolla I had prior. I didn't get to mess with MFT or SYNC much...and maybe I should have put it through its paces. I didn't notice any drift, but we were driving on the interstate with a 30mph+ sustained wind.

The dealer is telling me that if i order the car, it'll be at least 6-8 weeks. I'm kind of wondering if I shouldn't be looking at other hatches. I'm a Toyota person..but their vehicles aren't to my liking anymore.
Depends on what you call real world. For me most of the problems listed are not 'real' in my particular case. (for MY Focus, others have had problems) I'm sure if you do the same research on other cars you will find the same types of issues. Test the cars, try the options. If you like them, if everything makes sense to you, if the car "fits" go for it. Problems may or may not show up. Be aware but don't expect bad things. The Vast majority of cars will be fine or have very minor issues. All car MFGing will have issues, no way around it but those are rare and not the norm. If you don't trust the dealer or the car you should go somewhere else because you will be sure to find problems. My own example is I don't trust Chevy products. I owned a Nova once, it was used and frankly a worn out car and gave me all kinds of problems. I hated that car. later I got a used worn out Ford and it had problems too but I LIKED it so that was ok. The next Chevy was a POS too and I hated it but the next Ford was a POS as well but I liked it so that was ok too. I fixed the Fords and Beat the crap out of the Chevys to prove how bad they were. NOT objective at all but there it is. I'll stick to Fords because I LIKE them and will not buy Chevy because I don't like them. I love the Focus and if it has problems I will get it fixed. Pick the car you like, buy from a dealership you like and trust and above all ENJOY the car!.