Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My 2012 Focus issues: what Ford is and isn't doing
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #48
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have decided to post this in my own thread, instead of adding off topic to another here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...271673&page=14 , as this also gives an update on my situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
csvt2060, I don't really understand why you feel the need to put gas on fire
You know why, because the constant banter. People have very legitimate issues, and people feel they need to endlessly, constantly come into every one of these threads to make their opinions known. Just because you aren't experiencing issues doesn't give you the right to defend on behalf of Ford Motor Company. Some of you guys seem like we are slandering one of your family members when we are talking about a MACHINE.

There is some major delusional thinking if you guys think by living in your box, pretending there is nothing to see here, it's going to make it all better. Shut all of us down because you know, we are just "one offs" that happen to have small issues. We are just complainers.

I will tell you this right now. I have been around Fords all my life. I have relation in the business for over 30 years. I have never personally experienced and heard about this many major glitches and failures in a Ford vehicle. And then you get past that, and you have to deal with some european engineering on this car that even baffle Ford's own american engineers.

I have real world experience here. I own a 2012 that was an early build. See the list above, many issues that even the field engineers couldn't resolve. Now I have a replacement car built. Right out of the box it has a steering rack issue. It's now held up in the shop, and I would be niave to purchase it until it's right. Then I was driving a base Focus "S" as a loaner, and with 250 miles on it, the radio failed.

But no, there are no problems with these cars.

Last edited by csvt2060; 11-15-2011 at 10:30 AM.