Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #153
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Looks like a one-off after all. Don't jump to conclusions unless you read about several reports of your symptoms before hand, good rule of thumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frederick184 View Post
Excuse me? There are plenty of reports out there about transmission issues with this car, so it wasn't out with the bounds of possibility that it might be related in some way. I'm not knocking Ford. I work in an industry where first year products are frequently buggy and we have to deal with that and accept it.

I am a loyal Ford buyer and in the past year I have purchased a 5.0 Mustang and traded it for a Shelby GT500, then purchased the Focus. I'm not boasting, just illustrating that I like Ford products and am loyal to the brand. I hoped this wasn't another transmission issue for my sake and everyone else's. Someone has to be the first to report these things.

By the way I don't appreciate being lectured by you, whoever you are. I reported what I thought was a problem but wanted to wait until the dealer had had a chance to check it out. As it turned out it was a one off, and I was wrong to suggest it might be otherwise.

Colin

Ahhh....mister Ford Focus defender (feta_mpg) strikes again! Swoops in to ususpecting victims and tries to swing the tide in Ford's favor screaming user error, it's under warranty no problem, or it's optional doesn't matter, so no worry, etc. etc. etc.

There is no arguing with feta_mpg, he had 6 pages of banter a few days ago about build quality with another member that is having issues.

Best to just ignore, but he is quick to point out your wrongness to being upset even though the issue is "minor" and a "minor" inconvience.....no worries about your time, frustration......it's under warranty so it's all good. Just give Ford a pass, it's a one off and not a wide spread issue.

:sarcastic:

feta_mpg you sound like a reasonably smart person, but