Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #152
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,256, Level 35
Points: 3,256, Level: 35 Points: 3,256, Level: 35 Points: 3,256, Level: 35
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frederick184 View Post
Excuse me? There are plenty of reports out there about transmission issues with this car, so it wasn't out with the bounds of possibility that it might be related in some way. I'm not knocking Ford. I work in an industry where first year products are frequently buggy and we have to deal with that and accept it.

I am a loyal Ford buyer and in the past year I have purchased a 5.0 Mustang and traded it for a Shelby GT500, then purchased the Focus. I'm not boasting, just illustrating that I like Ford products and am loyal to the brand. I hoped this wasn't another transmission issue for my sake and everyone else's. Someone has to be the first to report these things.

By the way I don't appreciate being lectured by you, whoever you are. I reported what I thought was a problem but wanted to wait until the dealer had had a chance to check it out. As it turned out it was a one off.

Colin
Chill out. No one is lecturing you. Plenty of transmission issues documented... never read one about the car not shifting into gear at startup intermittently, the stick being loose with no feedback entering each gear select.

Obviously there are transmission issues documented else we wouldn't have this thread about it...

You jumped right to conclusions saying that "I can't believe this is a one off situation, it must be happening to other cars as well. We'll see what the dealer comes up with."

I just recommended NOT jumping to conclusions until you have a little more information.
Sonic Crew #28