FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
Update: They are replacing the steering rack in the Focus I drove (built October).
I'm glad they are working to resolve your steering issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoc1 View Post
I decided to take it on a 100 mile road trip to Sacramento. That's when I discovered a major problem. I too couldn't keep it going in a straight line. I had to constantly saw at the wheel. By the time I arrived at my destination my arms and shoulders hurt so much that I could hardly move them.
Hey cardoc1,

Ouch, sorry it was so tough on your trip. Glad it's easier now, though. Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state and I'll assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas75218 View Post
Yes there are a number of ones after that build date with the issue.
I replied to your PM, and I'm happy your parts arrived and your Focus is taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjessop View Post
Cardoc, exact same issue here! Got our SE in mid October and drove to Sacramento on the same route you did, 680/80 from Castro Valley and I was a mess when we got there.
Please keep me updated. My offer of escalation is still available if you need me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvudoo View Post
After 3K the ride has gotten harder and the event that initiates the over correction has diminish but not totally gone away. Thanks to Natasha it's at a dealership Ford has more comfort dealing with. If you are in the San Diego area Pearson Ford in Kearny Mesa has the nicest front end service department I've been in. I will hopefully get my car back today. I'll report back in a couple of weeks to let you guys know if the issue is resolved.
Thanks for the great update! I'm happy to help.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford