Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Roush Stage 3 Ford Focus Concept - Would there be interest?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #69
Fuzzy Logic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91597
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Met Tri Ti HB

FF Reputation: 2 Fuzzy Logic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
It comes down to a lot of factors. Sure the Mustang is by and away the better sporty pick. But, can your Mustang carry 5 people and a good amount of baggage at the same time? Not so much. So, no it's not Mustang powerful when you opt for the ST or Roush package... but it's got more practical uses than a 2-door ponycar.
thinkin' if you're getting an st or roush, you're not really thinking daily driver material that you can use to take friends from point a to b... along with their luggage/stuff; even though it can be used as such.

yes the focus is a more practical vehicle by design than the mustang. but once you order an st or roush, performance is the goal... not practicality. and if that's the case, get the ford that's designed for that.

comparing the focus to a mustang is comparing apples to elephants. both have different uses and making one try to do what the other does is impractical for both.

this is just my humble opinion, no one will be right or wrong... my logic tells me to get a focus for practicality, get a pony car for performance. it's true i can get a performance version of the focus, but i don't think i'll be satisfied the way i would if i would've gotten the vehicle made for the job (within my means... sorry no ford gt for me ).