Old 11-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #64
dicktfocusnut
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89007
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 dicktfocusnut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
MFT Problems: My Experience

I empathize with those having serious MFT problems, but maybe I'm just lucky. Although there are intermittent bugs, overall, since the 2.11 update, MFT works very well for me. I have an iPhone 4S with IOS 5 and both the USB connection and the Bluetooth streaming work fine. I get in the car and my iPhone is connected as a phone almost instantly while the Bluetooth connection takes a minute or two. My Audible audiobook starts playing automatically. So I'd have to say that not all "common problems" are common to everyone.
Now even my MFT is not perfect. It hasn't frozen or rebooted even once since I had the dealer install 2.11 almost 2 months ago, but there is the occasional flaw. For instance, when I got in the car to go to church this morning, the phone and bluetooth connected fine and I listened to my audiobook. But...when I got in the car after church, my iPhone connected as a phone instantly, but only half connected to bluetooth. I say "half" because it "looked" like it was connected, but the audio wouldn't play. The next time I get in the car it will most assuredly be ok again.
Sorry for the lengthy post, but hope it's helpful to someone.