Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - My '12 SE Picture/Project Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Points 20,711, Level 90
Points: 20,711, Level: 90 Points: 20,711, Level: 90 Points: 20,711, Level: 90
Level Up 73% Completed
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Matte black grille:

One of the first changes was blacking out the upper grille with some matte black vinyl that I had laying around. Quick and easy, and a rather noticeable change to the front end.

Ti fog light bezels and tinted fog lights:

Mini 'guide' for the swap can be found here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...9&postcount=19

Working for a Ford dealership, I regularly pop into parts and hand the guys another part number for something I want. Still in the Focus' early days, I ordered some OEM Ti fog light bezels and swapped them in place of the chrome SE/SEL pieces.

Rather than take out the headlights, I pulled out the under-bumper shield and worked from below.

With the fog lights out anyway, I also went ahead and redid the yellow vinyl tint I had previously applied, since I had better access.

Tinted rear bumper reflectors:

There's not much to say for this one, the two rear reflectors were tinted with some extra vinyl that I had from my Grand Prix.

Winter preparation:

About a month after bringing the Focus home, the tires were swapped for Goodyear winter tires, and the bumper, hood, fenders, and mirrors were treated to a 3M clear bra. Fortunately snow turned out to be a ways off at that point, but I wasn't going to wait until after it hit.

SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.

Last edited by Twenty; 11-13-2011 at 02:46 PM.